De Smet Farm Mutual Insurance Company of South Dakota
De Smet Farm Mutual is always looking for talented and motivated individuals. Insurance experience is not required; good communication and computer skills are needed.
Whether it is full time, part time or a seasonal position, we offer a variety of opportunities from administrative, accounting and evaluating risk at our operations center in De Smet to inspecting property and adjusting claims in the field. For the entrepreneur, it may be an agent relationship. If you are interested in learning more about any of these potential opportunities, please send a resume to email@example.com.
General Job Description for the De Smet Operations Center:
Location: De Smet, SD
- Evaluate insurance applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with agents on new and existing insurance policy questions and changes.
- Facilitate communications between agents and underwriter.
- Maintain filing systems both electronic and physical.
- Prepare correspondence – letters and emails.
- Administer and assemble mailing projects.
- Data entry and database management.
- Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Desire to help others and be a team player.
- Reliability and strong work ethic.
- Required to be on premise. (Not a work from home position at this time)
What we offer…
- Family friendly culture.
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and cancer insurance along with an employer funded retirement plan.
- 16 days of paid personal leave first year plus 11 paid holidays.
- No weekends. Weekday working hours are 8am to 5pm.
- Flex time.
- Competitive starting wage.
- Performance, ability and effort are recognized and rewarded.