De Smet Farm Mutual Insurance Company of South Dakota
Join our family….
De Smet Farm Mutual is looking for talented and motivated individuals, insurance experience is not required, communication and computer skills are needed.
De Smet Farm Mutual has a long and consistent history of providing Farm, Home and Automobile insurance to the people of South Dakota. The company was formed in 1916 by a small group of farmers when large insurance companies were not interested in coming to the prairies of South Dakota. In the years since then De Smet Farm Mutual has realized substantial growth. We have a rich diversity of backgrounds, education and experience within the DSFM family but with one common thread, South Dakota values.
Whether it is a full time, part time or seasonal position, we offer a variety of opportunities from administrative, accounting and evaluating risk at our operations center in De Smet to inspections and adjusting claims in the field. For the entrepreneur, it may be an agent relationship. To apply please send a resume to email@example.com.
We consider Covid-19 vaccinations and masks to be a personal choice, not required.
Insurance Evaluator Position
Location: De Smet, SD
- Evaluate insurance applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with agents on new and existing insurance policy questions and changes.
- Facilitate communications between agents and underwriter.
- Maintain filing systems both electronic and physical.
- Prepare correspondence – letters and emails.
- Administer and assemble mailing projects.
- Data entry and database management.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Email.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Desire to help others and be a team player.
- Reliability and strong work ethic.
- Required to be on premise, not a work from home position at this time.
What we offer…
- Family friendly culture.
- Great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance along with an employer funded retirement plan.
- Working hours are 8am to 5pm, no weekends, 16 days paid personal leave first year, 11 paid holidays.
- Flex time.
- Competitive starting wage.
- Performance, ability and effort are rewarded.