How to report an insurance claim for a theft
Thefts can occur from cars, your home or your business and being the victim of a theft can be unnerving. Your De Smet Farm Mutual insurance agent is here to help you. The most important thing to do is to ensure the thieves are no longer at your property or near your vehicle. If you feel threatened or believe the criminals are near by call 911 immediately for assistance.
If you are at no risk from the thieves, then follow these simple steps:
- Call your local police to report the theft and file a police report
- Call your De Smet Farm Mutual agent to begin the claim process
- If possible, take pictures or videos of any damage related to the theft
- Make any emergency repairs you can that may help protect your home or vehicle from any further damage
- Do not discard any damaged property that resulted from the theft. An insurance representative may need to inspect the damage to ensure your claim is accurate.
Helpful information to provide your insurance agent:
- Your insurance policy number
- Personal contact information
- Location of where the theft occurred
- An overview and list of items stolen and any damages
- Date and time theft occurred
For additional assistance or to report a claim directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-854-3337.