How to report an insurance claim for weather-related damage
Storms and other weather events can cause significant damage to homes and vehicles. If you’ve experienced damage due to weather conditions please be careful around broken or affected areas to avoid injuries. Our insurance agents can help you submit a claim and also provide advice to minimize further damage.
If there are no injuries from the weather damages follow these steps:
- Make sure the area of damage is safe to be around, if not, avoid the area
- Call your De Smet Farm Mutual agent and report the incident
- If possible, take pictures or videos of any damage caused by the weather event
Helpful information to provide your insurance agent:
- Your insurance policy number
- Personal contact information
- Location of where the damage occurred
- An overview and list of any damages
- Date and time damages occurred
For additional assistance or to report a claim directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-854-3337.